Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sushii.

I am full. I am full of Sushi.

Very full.

I just got back from dinner with one of my room mates and her boyfriend, a designer for Pronto Games. We had a very long conversation about his work on Wii-ware and the games he's working on - most of which I probably can't post here. But... we got to talking about how to program for a six-axis controller, and by the way, anything that uses Yaw is just cool. Yaw. Heehee. Ok, so it's easiest to program for actions that use only one direction, but people always want to do the lightsaber thing with the controller. So the idea is to trick them into only using one axis, maybe two. We discussed a whole bunch of game ideas that could only use one axis... there weren't many good ones, but we came up with at least a couple:

Wii Curling
&
Wii Wheelchair Racing (for which you'd need two controllers)

But I think the best one he mentioned was actually pitched to Lucas Arts by one of his bosses who had an amazing affinity for: Wii Kite. A game about Kite flying. There was a story told about two of this guys' coworkers honestly talking about the project in a bar, and causing Lucas Arts guys to literally fall off of their stools. I however still think that Wii curling has some serious potential, there's bowling motions AND sweeping motions, what could be more fun?

No comments: