Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The choices we make and prices we must pay.

The joke gets old 30 seconds into the clip, but don't let that stop you.



I'm waiting to hear on a few jobs, including my old position at Davis High School. Working with a band again would allow me to work with Dr. Halseth (director of bands at CSUS) and gain the benefit of his experience and master's program without the pesky requirement of 5 years conducting experience to work with his own bands.

So, yeah. Right now I have 5 and a half hours of class a week. Plus lessons, a few rehearsals and a good 10 or so hours of practice. I'm used to somewhere around 15-20 hours of class and 20-30 hours of work. Without too much to do, I decided to write more and now I've gotten caught up in writing a novel. 50,000 words is my goal for a first draft to be done in 10 weeks. Nothing fancy, no delusions, just something to feel productive and keep myself entertained. I hit 7500 words in my first week, not a bad start, but I'm slowing down. This draft is for concept - content and style will be focused on in later drafts.

That doesn't stop my brother or my friends from making the above reference though.

1 comment:

crimson.kay said...

That's great!!! I'll be the first to buy it when its finished.