Thursday, September 18, 2008

Someone beat me to it.

Despite the McCain "Doesn't know who the 'president' of Spain is / considers a NATO ally to be a rogue state" stuff that's floating around everywhere, a good friend of mine brought something to my attention. There may be a better reason McCain doesn't want to talk about Spain.

As a pilot he was responsible for a blackout there.

That was after he'd crashed a few other places. 

Also: I like the 20 hours of combat time, and 28 medals.

I caught a lot of flak for picking on McCain for being a poor student, a poor pilot. It looked like I was bashing the Naval Academy to some. Whatever the sink or swim atmosphere there may exist at Annapolis, I still believe the achievements of others may have been brought down when McCain was pushed through, buoyed by his father's admiralty.

Bush got through Yale, and we know that was a sham. I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Cuttlefish also beat you to it, and his rhymes are amazing, as usual (http://digitalcuttlefish.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-fair-maverick.html):

McCain’s campaign is plainly pained by Spain
Explain, McCain, don’t strain your brain in vain
Complain, McCain, maintain that Spain’s arcane
Abstain, McCain, refrain from staining Spain!

It’s plain, in Spain, McCain has sprained his brain
The bane of his campaign, Spain will remain
His gains will wane—the sane disdain his train
A strain that his campaign cannot contain

(It entertains, I ascertain,
So once again, I’ll pop champagne!)

(No, it does not fit the melody, so don't even try)