Thursday, November 20, 2008

I don't know how to play the cymbals correctly.

I've just gone through and edited clips of video recorded from my last few rehearsals. I'm recording my conducting, it's necessary because I can't see how I look when I'm being me. Mirrors also don't work because the experience is so much different in front of a band. I'm pretty sure this isn't some illegal thing, I don't need waivers or anything since I capture any of my students, only their music. This is what I did all last year at DHS, and am continuing to do this year. I just figured I'd put a (short) segment up here as another installment of A Day in the Life. This life is free of busses and much more fun.

We were working on getting the third trumpets to acknowledge a triplet rhythm in the first few measures, which they got. I give the evil eye to the percussionists for a while... but really, who doesn't?

Warning: I set up my laptop next to the Oboe stand. My bad. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*flialing arms reminiscent of mandatories*

You look so pro.

And you know what?

I can't play anything.